Saturday, April 17, 2010

My First Post!


So.. here I go with my first blog post, jumping right in to the new decade! I'm going to try to show what I'm up to in the studio.... new stuff all the time. I am so fortunate to be able to do what I love to do. I've been creating mosaics for over ten years ( albeit the beginning stuff was pretty bad ! ).. and still am excited about every new project. There are no boundaries in contemporary mixed media mosaics, no rules ! That's the joy of it. Sure, there are technical rules to make a sound, well constructed mosaic design.... but no rules in the creative process. Mixed media tessarae choices are endless. The mixture of colors and textures and design is pure eye candy.

My newest series of mosaics started last winter when a friend who owns a bar gave me a box of empty Patron Tequila bottles. I decided to make a thank you present for him by making a mosaic-ed Patron bottle in sea blue and gold with a crystal whale ( he's big whale fan ). That was my first bottle... and I was then off and running with bottle ideas! I like making them so they are art pieces and yet still can be actually used as decanters.

No comments:

Post a Comment